The NYSCF Science and Technology Education Program is a program that seeks to provide educational opportunities for young people and introduce them to the exciting world of science and stem cell research through various outlets including conducting seminars at local schools, providing internship opportunities through NYSCF University, raising awareness for stem cell science, and hosting special tours for students at the NYSCF laboratory, among others. The three components of NYSCF STEP include:
- NYSCF Academy – An ongoing educational seminar series provided to local schools by NYSCF Scientists
- NYSCF University – The NYSCF internship program
- World Stem Cell Day – A nationally recognized day to raise awareness about stem cell science in which NYSCF conducts special educational outreach
NYSCF Academy has organized 34 educational events, and has directly reached nearly 1,700 students through seminars and lab tours. NYSCF University, our internship program, has provided unique and enriching internship experiences to more than 50 high school and college students.
NYSCF STEP has partnered with public and private schools and organizations such as:
· Columbia Grammar School
· Comprehensive Afterschool System (COMPASS) of NYC
· Democracy Prep Charter High School
· The Equity Project Charter High School
· Frederick Douglass Academy
· Georgetown Day School & E.L. Haynes Day School
· Geriatric Career Development Program of the Jewish Life Home
· Girls Who Code
· Global Bioethics Initiative (a nonprofit associated with the United Nations)
· Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy I
· Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy II
· Hudson High School
· Prep for Prep
· Summer Program in Mathematical Problem Solving
· Urban Assembly Schools
Support this program to help young people to explore science and stem cell research.
For corporate sponsorship and branding opportunities, please contact Nicole Littrean at firstname.lastname@example.org.