Winrich Freiwald, PhD
Professor at The Rockefeller University
2013 NYSCF – Robertson Neuroscience Investigator Alumnus
PhD, Tubingen University, Germany
Postdoctoral Training, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Harvard Medical School
Dr. Freiwald is a Professor at The Rockefeller University where he heads the Laboratory of Neural Systems. His work focuses on the neural circuit mechanisms of face recognition, attention, and social cognition.
- Dr. Winrich Freiwald Uncovers Possible Origin Of Human Speech
- How Do MRI Contrast Agents Affect The Body?
- NYSCF Innovator Explores How the Brain Identifies Familiar Faces
- NYSCF Innovator Discovers Brain Network for Interpreting Social Interactions
- NYSCF Innovator Recipient of 2016 W. Alden Spencer Award
- NYSCF - Robertson Neuroscience Investigator Discovers Brain Networks Relate Facial Information To Social Cognition
- NYSCF - Robertson Investigator Makes Strides in Understanding Facial Recognition