Stem Cell Investigator Awards
The 2021 RFA is now closed.
All applicants will be notified in June.
Please note that due to the current pandemic, NYSCF is extending its eligibility criterion to be within 6 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position on June 1, 2021.
NYSCF is soliciting applications from early career investigators for Innovator Awards to be used for exploring the basic biology and translational potential of stem cells. The goal of this initiative is to foster bold and innovative scientists with the potential to transform the field of stem cell research, and advance understanding and use of stem cells in the development of treatments for human disease. In addition to providing funding, NYSCF partners with investigators to advance and translate their research.
NYSCF has a renewed focus on supporting scientists who have just started their independent laboratories and strongly encourages candidates seeking to secure their first major grant funding as an independent investigator. NYSCF is also eager to diversify the institutions supported through these grant awards and strongly encourages candidates from a wide range of geographies and institutions around the world to apply.
The award provides $1.5M USD over 5 years and is open to researchers based at both national and international accredited academic and nonprofit research institutions.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have completed one or more of the following degrees: MD, PhD, DPhil
- Be within 6 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position on June 1, 2021 (Note: an additional year of eligibility was added as a result of the COVID-19 crisis)
- Have demonstrated ability to independently supervise staff and research
- Have a publication record containing articles that are innovative and high impact
- Have demonstrated or strategized true innovation for translation of basic sciences to a clinical setting
*PLEASE NOTE – ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS*
All applications MUST be submitted through the online grant management system by February 17, 2021 at 5pm Eastern.
Applicants must submit an Institutional Report Card for Gender Equality in order for the application to be considered complete. Details and FAQ’s can be found here.