Stem Cell Investigator Awards
The 2018 RFA is now closed.
The 2019 RFA will be released in November.
NYSCF is soliciting applications from early career investigators for Innovator Awards to be used for exploring the basic biology and translational potential of stem cells. The goal of this initiative is to foster bold and innovative scientists with the potential to transform the field of stem cell research, and advance understanding and use of stem cells in the development of treatments for human disease. In addition to providing funding, NYSCF partners with investigators to advance and translate their research.
The award provides $1.5M USD over 5 years and is open to researchers based at both national and international accredited academic and nonprofit research institutions.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have completed one or more of the following degrees: MD, PhD, DPhil
- Be within 5 years of starting a faculty (professorship) or comparable position on June 1, 2019
- Have demonstrated ability to independently supervise staff and research
- Have a publication record containing articles that are innovative and high impact
- Have demonstrated or strategized true innovation for translation of basic sciences to a clinical setting
*PLEASE NOTE – ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS*
All applications MUST be submitted through the online grant management system by February 21, 2018 at 5pm Eastern.
Applicants must submit an Institutional Report Card for Gender Equality in order for the application to be considered complete. Details and FAQ’s can be found here.