NYSCF Opens New Research Institute and Headquarters in Manhattan
NYSCF officially opened its new state-of-the-art Research Institute and headquarters in Manhattan. The expanded NYSCF Research Institute will allow scientists to conduct the most advanced stem cell research to develop new and better treatments and cures while serving as a core convening facility for local and international collaborators and scientific stakeholders. This new facility will expand NYSCF’s capabilities and capacity to build novel technological resources for the field.
The new 40,000 square foot facility includes a glass enclosed positive pressure laboratory housing the NYSCF Global Stem Cell Array, a NYSCF-developed automated robotic technology for manufacturing stem cell lines and adult cell types with unmatched quality in large scale, among other cell culture facilities.
The opening ceremony and ribbon cutting featured key NYSCF collaborators, supporters, and friends, including:
- Michael Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies and 108th Mayor of New York City
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman and Founder, Related Companies and NYSCF Board Member
- Tony Coles, MD, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Yumanity Therapeutics
- Howard Zemsky, President and Chief Executive Officer, Empire State Development
- James Patchett, President & CEO, New York City Economic Development Corporation