Vijay G. Sankaran, MD, PhD
Associate Professor at Boston Children's Hospital
2018 NYSCF – Robertson Stem Cell Investigator Alumnus
MD, PhD, Harvard University
Residency and Clinical Fellowship, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Children’s Hospital; Postdoctoral Studies, Whitehead Institute, Broad Institute
Dr. Sankaran is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, where his laboratory uses human genetics to better understand hematopoiesis and how it goes awry in human disease. In particular, he seeks to gain molecular insight into how hematopoiesis varies in humans both in health and disease, and to develop improved therapies for a variety of blood disorders. He completed his residency and clinical fellowship at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children’s Hospital, and his postdoctoral studies at the Whitehead and Broad Institutes.
- How is Risk for Blood Cancers Inherited?
- Our Community’s Top 10 Stem Cell and Neuroscience Breakthroughs of 2023
- World’s First CRISPR-Based Gene Therapy Approved by FDA
- What Can Make Leukemia Extra Aggressive?
- Meet SCAVENGE: A Search Engine to Uncover How Genetic Variations Affect Our Cells
- Vijay Sankaran Reflects On the Transformational Impact of the NYSCF - Robertson Investigator Award and Innovator Community
- How the Genetics of Blood Stem Cells Can Lead to Cancer and Heart Disease
- Community Continues from Afar: Highlights of the NYSCF Innovators Retreat