Six NYSCF Innovators Named 2016 Faculty Scholars
The NYSCF Innovator Programs feature top scientists from around the world in their respective fields of study. Recognition of six NYSCF – Robertson Investigators as 2016 Faculty Scholars by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Simons Foundation, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation highlights the strength and quality of all of the NYSCF Innovator Programs.
The Faculty Awards name early-career scientists who have great potential to make unique contributions to their field. Eighty-four scientists representing forty-three institutions were selected for the awards in this inaugural program year.
The NYSCF – Robertson Investigators who received the award are:
- Ed Boyden, PhD, MIT Media lab
- Edward Chang, MD, University of California, San Francisco
- Valentina Greco, PhD, Yale University
- Jayaraj Rajagopal, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Marius Wernig, MD, PhD, Stanford University
- Feng Zhang, PhD, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard