Edward Chang, MD
Professor at University of California, San Francisco
2015 NYSCF – Robertson Neuroscience Investigator
MD, University of California, San Francisco
Postdoctoral Training, University of California, Berkeley
Dr. Chang is a neurosurgeon, Chief of Epilepsy and Pain Neurosurgery, and a Professor at the University of California, San Francisco, where he specializes in advanced clinical brain mapping methods, including awake speech mapping, to safely perform neurosurgical procedures in eloquent areas of the brain. He received his medical degree from UCSF, and completed his postdoctoral training at UC Berkeley.
- He Lost His Voice in 2003. Now, Thanks to a Brain Implant, He’s Getting it Back.
- Speak Your Mind: Edward Chang Pioneers Device That Translates Brain Activity Into Speech
- Relieving Depression with Brain Stimulation
- Dr. Edward Chang Explores the Basis of Mood Disorders
- Unlocking How Our Brain Controls The Musicality Of Speech
- New Research Uncovers Neural Basis Behind Speech Production
- NYSCF Innovator Illuminates the Brain Mechanisms of Pitch Perception
- Six NYSCF Innovators Named 2016 Faculty Scholars
- NYSCF - Robertson Investigator Named 2015 Blavatnik National Laureate in Life Sciences
- NYSCF Awards $9M to Six New NYSCF - Robertson Investigators