Stem Cell Research and Diabetes: NYSCF Panel at The TimesCenter
The panelists discussed the latest developments in diabetes research.
The Panel was moderated by Kurt Andersen, Co-Creator and Host of WNYC’s Studio 360.
Panel participants included:
- Kevin Eggan, PhD, NYSCF Chief Scientific Officer and Assistant Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology at Harvard University
- Gary Hall, Jr., Ten-time Olympic medal-winning swimmer and type 1 diabetes patient
- Alan J. Lewis, PhD, President & CEO, The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Susan L. Solomon, JD, CEO, The New York Stem Cell Foundation
- Allen Spiegel, MD, Dean, Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University, and Former Director, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the NIH