Paola Arlotta, PhD
Professor at Harvard University
2011 NYSCF – Robertson Stem Cell Investigator Alumna
PhD, Portsmouth University, England
Postdoctoral Training, Harvard Medical School; Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Arlotta’s laboratory focuses on the investigation of mechanisms that control the development, regeneration and assembly of neurons in the cerebral cortex. Much of her work is aimed at identifying regenerative strategies for neurodegenerative and traumatic diseases of the corticospinal tract, including Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) and spinal cord injury.
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
- Spotlight on Paola Arlotta
- NYSCF Innovator Develops Mature, Diverse Brain "Organoids"
- 3rd Meeting of the IWISE Working Group – February 2016
- Understanding Brain Regeneration in Axolotls
- NYSCF - Robertson Investigator Shows Reprogrammed Neurons 'Rewire' Communication Networks
- NYSCF - Robertson Investigator Discovers First Ever Selector Gene for Neurons